Pottawatomie County Government Grants (Kansas)

A Department of Education is a federal or state agency that provides leadership, develops policy, and awards funding for public schools in Pottawatomie County, Kansas. As part of this mission, Departments of Education distribute grants and federal funding, including education block grants, Title I grants, and IDEA grants. They also award School Improvement Grants, Teacher Incentive Funds, and Pell Grants, in addition to other student loans and grants. Students, teachers, and educators can learn more about Pottawatomie County government grants issued by the Department of Education on its website.

Melvern Department of Education Wamego KS 22 East Valley Street, a 66547 785-549-3521

Middletown KS Department of Education Wamego KS Hunting Road 66547 785-562-5308

A Department of Transportation is a state or federal agency that plans and develops transportation systems and infrastructure in Pottawatomie County, Kansas. The federal Department of Transportation offers several Pottawatomie County government grants, including grants for road, rail, transit, and port projects, as well as car and vanpool projects, bicycle and pedestrian facilities, and transit research and safety improvements. State Departments of Transportation provide grants for private operators, senior centers, non-profits, and transit systems. Pottawatomie County government grant information is available on the Department of Transportation website.

Kansas Department of Transportation Wamego KS 1425 U.S. Highway 24 66547 785-456-2353

A Housing Authority provides low-income rental housing, rental assistance programs, and other housing assistance for eligible individuals and families in Pottawatomie County, Kansas. At the federal level, the Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) operates over 20 government grant programs, including affordable housing development grants, community and economic development grants, fair housing grants, and rental assistance grants. HUD also offers Pottawatomie County supportive housing and services grants. Housing Authority grants can help fund Pottawatomie County low-income housing, local housing assistance programs, and provide grants for housing assistance such as Section 8.

Onaga Housing Authority Onaga KS 840 Clifton Street 66521 785-889-4616

Wamego Housing Authority Wamego KS 1201 Chrysler Drive 66547 785-456-7675

Westmoreland Housing Authority Westmoreland KS 605 State Street 66549 785-457-3488

A Chamber of Commerce promotes economic development and business activity, either at the federal, state, or local level in Pottawatomie County, Kansas. The U.S. Department of Commerce provides government grants to Pottawatomie County local Chambers of Commerce as well as grants through multiple bureaus. It also provides market development awards for non-profit industries, including trade associations. Local Chambers of Commerce may also help member businesses secure Small Business Administration grants, business development grants, and economic development funding. Chambers of Commerce provide information about government grant programs on their websites.

Onaga Kansas Chamber of Commerce Onaga KS 312 Leonard Street 66521 785-889-4250

ST Mary's Chamber of Commerce St. Marys KS 702 West Bertrand Avenue 66536 785-437-2077

Wamego Chamber of Commerce Wamego KS 529 Lincoln Street 66547 785-456-7849