Rice County Government Grants (Kansas)

A Chamber of Commerce promotes economic development and business activity, either at the federal, state, or local level in Rice County, Kansas. The U.S. Department of Commerce provides government grants to Rice County local Chambers of Commerce as well as grants through multiple bureaus. It also provides market development awards for non-profit industries, including trade associations. Local Chambers of Commerce may also help member businesses secure Small Business Administration grants, business development grants, and economic development funding. Chambers of Commerce provide information about government grant programs on their websites.

Chamber of Commerce Lyons KS 210 West Main Street 67554 620-257-2842

Sterling Kansas Chamber of Commerce Sterling KS PO Box 96 67579 620-278-3727

A Department of Transportation is a state or federal agency that plans and develops transportation systems and infrastructure in Rice County, Kansas. The federal Department of Transportation offers several Rice County government grants, including grants for road, rail, transit, and port projects, as well as car and vanpool projects, bicycle and pedestrian facilities, and transit research and safety improvements. State Departments of Transportation provide grants for private operators, senior centers, non-profits, and transit systems. Rice County government grant information is available on the Department of Transportation website.

Kansas State Of Highway Commission Lyons KS 900 East Main Street 67554 620-257-3190

A Housing Authority provides low-income rental housing, rental assistance programs, and other housing assistance for eligible individuals and families in Rice County, Kansas. At the federal level, the Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) operates over 20 government grant programs, including affordable housing development grants, community and economic development grants, fair housing grants, and rental assistance grants. HUD also offers Rice County supportive housing and services grants. Housing Authority grants can help fund Rice County low-income housing, local housing assistance programs, and provide grants for housing assistance such as Section 8.

Lyons Housing Authority Lyons KS 215 South Bell Avenue, Apt 427 67554 620-257-5241

Sterling Housing Authority Sterling KS 220 North 3rd Street 67579 620-278-2640

A Veterans Affairs Department provides services to veterans, including veterans from the Armed Forces and Reserves in Rice County, Kansas. The federal VA, as well as local Rice County branches, provide government grants for veterans in rural areas, homeless providers grants, community agency grants, and nurse retention grants. The Rice County VA also provides cemetery grants and supportive services grants for veterans and their families. VA grants both go to agencies, organizations, and individual veterans. The VA provides more information about government grants on its website.

Veterans of Foreign Wars Lyons KS 1012 West Main Street 67554 620-257-7967