Saline County Government Grants (Kansas)

A Department of Education is a federal or state agency that provides leadership, develops policy, and awards funding for public schools in Saline County, Kansas. As part of this mission, Departments of Education distribute grants and federal funding, including education block grants, Title I grants, and IDEA grants. They also award School Improvement Grants, Teacher Incentive Funds, and Pell Grants, in addition to other student loans and grants. Students, teachers, and educators can learn more about Saline County government grants issued by the Department of Education on its website.

Salina Department of Education Salina KS 119 W Iron Ave # 1000 67401 785-309-4700

A Department of Transportation is a state or federal agency that plans and develops transportation systems and infrastructure in Saline County, Kansas. The federal Department of Transportation offers several Saline County government grants, including grants for road, rail, transit, and port projects, as well as car and vanpool projects, bicycle and pedestrian facilities, and transit research and safety improvements. State Departments of Transportation provide grants for private operators, senior centers, non-profits, and transit systems. Saline County government grant information is available on the Department of Transportation website.

Kansas Department Of Transportation Salina KS 3825 Yost Drive 67401 785-823-3754

A Chamber of Commerce promotes economic development and business activity, either at the federal, state, or local level in Saline County, Kansas. The U.S. Department of Commerce provides government grants to Saline County local Chambers of Commerce as well as grants through multiple bureaus. It also provides market development awards for non-profit industries, including trade associations. Local Chambers of Commerce may also help member businesses secure Small Business Administration grants, business development grants, and economic development funding. Chambers of Commerce provide information about government grant programs on their websites.

Salina Area Chamber of Commerce Salina KS 120 West Ash Street 67401 785-827-9301

A Housing Authority provides low-income rental housing, rental assistance programs, and other housing assistance for eligible individuals and families in Saline County, Kansas. At the federal level, the Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) operates over 20 government grant programs, including affordable housing development grants, community and economic development grants, fair housing grants, and rental assistance grants. HUD also offers Saline County supportive housing and services grants. Housing Authority grants can help fund Saline County low-income housing, local housing assistance programs, and provide grants for housing assistance such as Section 8.

Salina Housing Authority Salina KS 469 South 5th Street 67401 785-827-0441

A Social Security Office is a local branch of the federal Social Security Administration in Saline County, Kansas. Social Security provides services for eligible people, including retirement benefits, and it also provides government grants. Social Security's research and demonstration grants fund innovative research that help manage and administer Saline County Social Security programs. Service grants support beneficiaries return to work and access rehabilitation services. Local Saline County offices can help with grant applications. Social Security Offices provide more information about their government grants on their websites.

Salina Social Security Office Salina KS 1410 East Iron Avenue 67401 785-825-0545

A Veterans Affairs Department provides services to veterans, including veterans from the Armed Forces and Reserves in Saline County, Kansas. The federal VA, as well as local Saline County branches, provide government grants for veterans in rural areas, homeless providers grants, community agency grants, and nurse retention grants. The Saline County VA also provides cemetery grants and supportive services grants for veterans and their families. VA grants both go to agencies, organizations, and individual veterans. The VA provides more information about government grants on its website.

US Department of Veterans Affairs-Salina, Kansas CBOC Salina KS 1410 East Iron Avenue, 1 67401 785-826-1580

Veterans of Foreign Wars Salina KS 1108 West Crawford Street 67401 785-825-4909