Green County Government Grants (Kentucky)

A Department of Education is a federal or state agency that provides leadership, develops policy, and awards funding for public schools in Green County, Kentucky. As part of this mission, Departments of Education distribute grants and federal funding, including education block grants, Title I grants, and IDEA grants. They also award School Improvement Grants, Teacher Incentive Funds, and Pell Grants, in addition to other student loans and grants. Students, teachers, and educators can learn more about Green County government grants issued by the Department of Education on its website.

Butler County Butler County Department of Education Summersville KY 89 H C Milby Road 42782 270-526-5625

Geneva City Department of Education Greensburg KY 416 Scottsville Street 42743 334-684-1090

A Department of Transportation is a state or federal agency that plans and develops transportation systems and infrastructure in Green County, Kentucky. The federal Department of Transportation offers several Green County government grants, including grants for road, rail, transit, and port projects, as well as car and vanpool projects, bicycle and pedestrian facilities, and transit research and safety improvements. State Departments of Transportation provide grants for private operators, senior centers, non-profits, and transit systems. Green County government grant information is available on the Department of Transportation website.

Green County Road Department Greensburg KY Cr-1513 42743 270-932-5970

A Housing Authority provides low-income rental housing, rental assistance programs, and other housing assistance for eligible individuals and families in Green County, Kentucky. At the federal level, the Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) operates over 20 government grant programs, including affordable housing development grants, community and economic development grants, fair housing grants, and rental assistance grants. HUD also offers Green County supportive housing and services grants. Housing Authority grants can help fund Green County low-income housing, local housing assistance programs, and provide grants for housing assistance such as Section 8.

Greensburg Housing Authority Greensburg KY 200 Nancy Street 42743 800-247-2510

A Chamber of Commerce promotes economic development and business activity, either at the federal, state, or local level in Green County, Kentucky. The U.S. Department of Commerce provides government grants to Green County local Chambers of Commerce as well as grants through multiple bureaus. It also provides market development awards for non-profit industries, including trade associations. Local Chambers of Commerce may also help member businesses secure Small Business Administration grants, business development grants, and economic development funding. Chambers of Commerce provide information about government grant programs on their websites.

Greensburg Kentucky Chamber of Commerce Greensburg KY 110 West Court Street 42743 270-932-4298

A Veterans Affairs Department provides services to veterans, including veterans from the Armed Forces and Reserves in Green County, Kentucky. The federal VA, as well as local Green County branches, provide government grants for veterans in rural areas, homeless providers grants, community agency grants, and nurse retention grants. The Green County VA also provides cemetery grants and supportive services grants for veterans and their families. VA grants both go to agencies, organizations, and individual veterans. The VA provides more information about government grants on its website.

Veterans of Foreign Wars Greensburg KY 150 Hidden Valley Drive 42743 270-932-3054