Shelby County Government Grants (Kentucky)

A Department of Education is a federal or state agency that provides leadership, develops policy, and awards funding for public schools in Shelby County, Kentucky. As part of this mission, Departments of Education distribute grants and federal funding, including education block grants, Title I grants, and IDEA grants. They also award School Improvement Grants, Teacher Incentive Funds, and Pell Grants, in addition to other student loans and grants. Students, teachers, and educators can learn more about Shelby County government grants issued by the Department of Education on its website.

Augusta Department of Education Bagdad KY 700 Jacksonville Road 40003 606-756-2545

Nelson County Department of Education Shelbyville KY 525 7th Street 40065 502-349-7000

Phillipsburg KY Department of Education Waddy KY 20 Fairview Avenue 40076 502-222-3738

A Chamber of Commerce promotes economic development and business activity, either at the federal, state, or local level in Shelby County, Kentucky. The U.S. Department of Commerce provides government grants to Shelby County local Chambers of Commerce as well as grants through multiple bureaus. It also provides market development awards for non-profit industries, including trade associations. Local Chambers of Commerce may also help member businesses secure Small Business Administration grants, business development grants, and economic development funding. Chambers of Commerce provide information about government grant programs on their websites.

Shelby County Chamber of Commerce Shelbyville KY 316 Main Street 40065 502-633-1636

A Housing Authority provides low-income rental housing, rental assistance programs, and other housing assistance for eligible individuals and families in Shelby County, Kentucky. At the federal level, the Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) operates over 20 government grant programs, including affordable housing development grants, community and economic development grants, fair housing grants, and rental assistance grants. HUD also offers Shelby County supportive housing and services grants. Housing Authority grants can help fund Shelby County low-income housing, local housing assistance programs, and provide grants for housing assistance such as Section 8.

Shelbyville Housing Authority Shelbyville KY 41 Cardinal Drive 40065 502-633-4531