Whitley County Government Grants (Kentucky)

A Department of Education is a federal or state agency that provides leadership, develops policy, and awards funding for public schools in Whitley County, Kentucky. As part of this mission, Departments of Education distribute grants and federal funding, including education block grants, Title I grants, and IDEA grants. They also award School Improvement Grants, Teacher Incentive Funds, and Pell Grants, in addition to other student loans and grants. Students, teachers, and educators can learn more about Whitley County government grants issued by the Department of Education on its website.

Corbin Columbus City Department of Education Corbin KY 108 Roy Kidd Avenue 40701 614-365-5255

A Social Security Office is a local branch of the federal Social Security Administration in Whitley County, Kentucky. Social Security provides services for eligible people, including retirement benefits, and it also provides government grants. Social Security's research and demonstration grants fund innovative research that help manage and administer Whitley County Social Security programs. Service grants support beneficiaries return to work and access rehabilitation services. Local Whitley County offices can help with grant applications. Social Security Offices provide more information about their government grants on their websites.

Corbin Social Security Office Corbin KY 159 Future Dr 40701 606-528-1806

A Housing Authority provides low-income rental housing, rental assistance programs, and other housing assistance for eligible individuals and families in Whitley County, Kentucky. At the federal level, the Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) operates over 20 government grant programs, including affordable housing development grants, community and economic development grants, fair housing grants, and rental assistance grants. HUD also offers Whitley County supportive housing and services grants. Housing Authority grants can help fund Whitley County low-income housing, local housing assistance programs, and provide grants for housing assistance such as Section 8.

Cumberland Valley Housing Authority Williamsburg KY 221 North 3rd Street 40769 606-549-2428

Williamsburg Housing Authority Williamsburg KY 600 Brush Arbor Church Road 40769 606-549-0282

A Chamber of Commerce promotes economic development and business activity, either at the federal, state, or local level in Whitley County, Kentucky. The U.S. Department of Commerce provides government grants to Whitley County local Chambers of Commerce as well as grants through multiple bureaus. It also provides market development awards for non-profit industries, including trade associations. Local Chambers of Commerce may also help member businesses secure Small Business Administration grants, business development grants, and economic development funding. Chambers of Commerce provide information about government grant programs on their websites.

Southern Kentucky Chamber of Commerce Corbin KY 101 Depot Street 40701 606-528-6390

A Veterans Affairs Department provides services to veterans, including veterans from the Armed Forces and Reserves in Whitley County, Kentucky. The federal VA, as well as local Whitley County branches, provide government grants for veterans in rural areas, homeless providers grants, community agency grants, and nurse retention grants. The Whitley County VA also provides cemetery grants and supportive services grants for veterans and their families. VA grants both go to agencies, organizations, and individual veterans. The VA provides more information about government grants on its website.

Veterans of Foreign Wars Corbin KY 206 South Kentucky Avenue 40701 606-528-0281