Union Parish Government Grants (Louisiana)

A Housing Authority provides low-income rental housing, rental assistance programs, and other housing assistance for eligible individuals and families in Union Parish, Louisiana. At the federal level, the Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) operates over 20 government grant programs, including affordable housing development grants, community and economic development grants, fair housing grants, and rental assistance grants. HUD also offers Union Parish supportive housing and services grants. Housing Authority grants can help fund Union Parish low-income housing, local housing assistance programs, and provide grants for housing assistance such as Section 8.

Farmerville Housing Authority Farmerville LA 810 Doyle Street 71241 318-368-9677

A Department of Transportation is a state or federal agency that plans and develops transportation systems and infrastructure in Union Parish, Louisiana. The federal Department of Transportation offers several Union Parish government grants, including grants for road, rail, transit, and port projects, as well as car and vanpool projects, bicycle and pedestrian facilities, and transit research and safety improvements. State Departments of Transportation provide grants for private operators, senior centers, non-profits, and transit systems. Union Parish government grant information is available on the Department of Transportation website.

Transportation Department Farmerville Farmerville LA 505 Park Street 71241 318-368-9216

A Chamber of Commerce promotes economic development and business activity, either at the federal, state, or local level in Union Parish, Louisiana. The U.S. Department of Commerce provides government grants to Union Parish local Chambers of Commerce as well as grants through multiple bureaus. It also provides market development awards for non-profit industries, including trade associations. Local Chambers of Commerce may also help member businesses secure Small Business Administration grants, business development grants, and economic development funding. Chambers of Commerce provide information about government grant programs on their websites.

Union Parish Chamber-Commerce Farmerville LA 303 East Water Street 71241 318-368-3947

A Veterans Affairs Department provides services to veterans, including veterans from the Armed Forces and Reserves in Union Parish, Louisiana. The federal VA, as well as local Union Parish branches, provide government grants for veterans in rural areas, homeless providers grants, community agency grants, and nurse retention grants. The Union Parish VA also provides cemetery grants and supportive services grants for veterans and their families. VA grants both go to agencies, organizations, and individual veterans. The VA provides more information about government grants on its website.

Union Parish Department of Veteran Affairs Farmerville LA 303 East Water Street, 106 71241 318-368-3271