Franklin County Government Grants (Massachusetts)

A Department of Education is a federal or state agency that provides leadership, develops policy, and awards funding for public schools in Franklin County, Massachusetts. As part of this mission, Departments of Education distribute grants and federal funding, including education block grants, Title I grants, and IDEA grants. They also award School Improvement Grants, Teacher Incentive Funds, and Pell Grants, in addition to other student loans and grants. Students, teachers, and educators can learn more about Franklin County government grants issued by the Department of Education on its website.

Frontier Regional Department of Education Deerfield MA 311 North Main Street 01373 413-665-2673

Leverett Department of Education Leverett MA 85 Montague Road 01054 413-548-9144

A Housing Authority provides low-income rental housing, rental assistance programs, and other housing assistance for eligible individuals and families in Franklin County, Massachusetts. At the federal level, the Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) operates over 20 government grant programs, including affordable housing development grants, community and economic development grants, fair housing grants, and rental assistance grants. HUD also offers Franklin County supportive housing and services grants. Housing Authority grants can help fund Franklin County low-income housing, local housing assistance programs, and provide grants for housing assistance such as Section 8.

Franklin County Housing Authority Montague MA 80 Canal Street 01376 413-863-9781

Franklin County Housing Authority Gill MA 12 Main Road 01354 413-863-3665

Franklin County Housing Authority Northfield MA 88 Main Street 01360 413-498-5558

Greenfield Housing Authority Greenfield MA 491 Main Street 01301 413-772-2612

Shelburne Housing Authority Shelburne Falls MA HIGHLAND Vlg 01370 413-625-9360

Turner Falls Housing Authority Turners Falls MA 446 Millers Falls Rd 01376 413-659-3127

A Department of Transportation is a state or federal agency that plans and develops transportation systems and infrastructure in Franklin County, Massachusetts. The federal Department of Transportation offers several Franklin County government grants, including grants for road, rail, transit, and port projects, as well as car and vanpool projects, bicycle and pedestrian facilities, and transit research and safety improvements. State Departments of Transportation provide grants for private operators, senior centers, non-profits, and transit systems. Franklin County government grant information is available on the Department of Transportation website.

Gill Town Highway Department Gill MA 196 Main Road, c 01354 413-863-2324

Shelburne Falls Highway Department Shelburne Falls MA 24 Colrain Shelburne Road 01370 413-625-0311

Shutesbury Highway Department Shutesbury MA 1 Cooleyville Road 01072 413-259-1215

Town Of Rowe Highway Department Rowe MA Sibley Road 01367 413-339-5588

A Social Security Office is a local branch of the federal Social Security Administration in Franklin County, Massachusetts. Social Security provides services for eligible people, including retirement benefits, and it also provides government grants. Social Security's research and demonstration grants fund innovative research that help manage and administer Franklin County Social Security programs. Service grants support beneficiaries return to work and access rehabilitation services. Local Franklin County offices can help with grant applications. Social Security Offices provide more information about their government grants on their websites.

Greenfield Social Security Office Greenfield MA 1 Arch Street 01301 413-774-6031

A Veterans Affairs Department provides services to veterans, including veterans from the Armed Forces and Reserves in Franklin County, Massachusetts. The federal VA, as well as local Franklin County branches, provide government grants for veterans in rural areas, homeless providers grants, community agency grants, and nurse retention grants. The Franklin County VA also provides cemetery grants and supportive services grants for veterans and their families. VA grants both go to agencies, organizations, and individual veterans. The VA provides more information about government grants on its website.

Greenfield Veterans Agent Greenfield MA 253 Main Street 01301 413-772-1571

Veterans of Foreign Wars Shelburne Falls MA 19 Water Street 01370 413-625-9277