Chippewa County Government Grants (Michigan)

A Housing Authority provides low-income rental housing, rental assistance programs, and other housing assistance for eligible individuals and families in Chippewa County, Michigan. At the federal level, the Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) operates over 20 government grant programs, including affordable housing development grants, community and economic development grants, fair housing grants, and rental assistance grants. HUD also offers Chippewa County supportive housing and services grants. Housing Authority grants can help fund Chippewa County low-income housing, local housing assistance programs, and provide grants for housing assistance such as Section 8.

Brimley Housing Authority Brimley MI 3095 South Towering Pines 49715 906-248-5524

A Department of Transportation is a state or federal agency that plans and develops transportation systems and infrastructure in Chippewa County, Michigan. The federal Department of Transportation offers several Chippewa County government grants, including grants for road, rail, transit, and port projects, as well as car and vanpool projects, bicycle and pedestrian facilities, and transit research and safety improvements. State Departments of Transportation provide grants for private operators, senior centers, non-profits, and transit systems. Chippewa County government grant information is available on the Department of Transportation website.

Chippewa County Road Commission Brimley MI 9888 West Depot Street 49715 906-248-3375

Chippewa County Road Commission Rudyard MI 18884 South Mackinac Trail 49780 906-478-3161

Chippewa County Road Commission Sault Ste. Marie MI 3949 South Mackinac Trail 49783 906-647-6175

Chippewa Road Commission Eckerman MI 28279 Michigan 28 49728 906-274-5451

Michigan International Bridge Administration Sault Ste. Marie MI 934 Sault Ste Marie International Bridge 49783 906-635-5255

Michigan Transportation Department Sault Ste. Marie MI South Mackinac Trail 49783 906-635-1011

State of Michigan Transportation Department Sault Ste. Marie MI 943 West Portage Avenue 49783 906-632-8242

US Transportation Department Sault Sainte Marie Sault Ste. Marie MI 6515 South Shunk Road 49783 906-635-1722

A Chamber of Commerce promotes economic development and business activity, either at the federal, state, or local level in Chippewa County, Michigan. The U.S. Department of Commerce provides government grants to Chippewa County local Chambers of Commerce as well as grants through multiple bureaus. It also provides market development awards for non-profit industries, including trade associations. Local Chambers of Commerce may also help member businesses secure Small Business Administration grants, business development grants, and economic development funding. Chambers of Commerce provide information about government grant programs on their websites.

Paradise Michigan Chamber of Commerce Paradise MI 5370 Highway 123 49768 906-492-3219

Sault Chamber of Commerce Sault Ste. Marie MI 2581 Interstate 75 Business Spur 49783 906-632-3301

A Veterans Affairs Department provides services to veterans, including veterans from the Armed Forces and Reserves in Chippewa County, Michigan. The federal VA, as well as local Chippewa County branches, provide government grants for veterans in rural areas, homeless providers grants, community agency grants, and nurse retention grants. The Chippewa County VA also provides cemetery grants and supportive services grants for veterans and their families. VA grants both go to agencies, organizations, and individual veterans. The VA provides more information about government grants on its website.

Veterans of Foreign Wars Sault Ste. Marie MI 401 West Portage Avenue 49783 906-632-7761

Veterans of Foreign Wars Post 9023 Brimley MI 8968 Michigan 28 49715 906-248-5450