Kent County Government Grants (Michigan)

A Department of Education is a federal or state agency that provides leadership, develops policy, and awards funding for public schools in Kent County, Michigan. As part of this mission, Departments of Education distribute grants and federal funding, including education block grants, Title I grants, and IDEA grants. They also award School Improvement Grants, Teacher Incentive Funds, and Pell Grants, in addition to other student loans and grants. Students, teachers, and educators can learn more about Kent County government grants issued by the Department of Education on its website.

Chelsea Department of Education Greenville MI 12880 10 Mile Road Northeast 48838 734-433-2208

Farwell Department of Education Caledonia MI 221 Short Street Southeast 49316 989-588-9917

Port Huron Department of Education Grand Rapids MI 1101 Morewood Drive Southeast 49508 810-984-3101

West Feliciana Parish Department of Education Grand Rapids MI 1435 Fulton Street East 49503 225-635-3891

A Chamber of Commerce promotes economic development and business activity, either at the federal, state, or local level in Kent County, Michigan. The U.S. Department of Commerce provides government grants to Kent County local Chambers of Commerce as well as grants through multiple bureaus. It also provides market development awards for non-profit industries, including trade associations. Local Chambers of Commerce may also help member businesses secure Small Business Administration grants, business development grants, and economic development funding. Chambers of Commerce provide information about government grant programs on their websites.

Cedar Springs Michigan Chamber of Commerce Cedar Springs MI PO Box 465 49319 616-696-1330

Grand Rapids Area Chamber of Commerce Grand Rapids MI 111 Pearl Street Northwest 49503 616-771-0300

Grandville Jenison Chamber of Commerce Grandville MI 2939 Wilson Avenue Southwest 49418 616-531-8890

Lowell Area Chamber-Commerce Lowell MI 113 Riverwalk Plaza 49331 616-897-9161

Rockford Area Chamber-Commerce Rockford MI 17 South Monroe Street Northeast 49341 616-866-2000

Wyoming-Kentwood Chamber-Commerce Wyoming MI 921 47th Street Southwest 49509 616-531-5990

A Veterans Affairs Department provides services to veterans, including veterans from the Armed Forces and Reserves in Kent County, Michigan. The federal VA, as well as local Kent County branches, provide government grants for veterans in rural areas, homeless providers grants, community agency grants, and nurse retention grants. The Kent County VA also provides cemetery grants and supportive services grants for veterans and their families. VA grants both go to agencies, organizations, and individual veterans. The VA provides more information about government grants on its website.

Disabled American Veterans Kentwood MI 4809 Eastern Avenue Southeast 49508 616-532-2177

Kent County Veterans Affairs Grand Rapids MI 215 Straight Avenue Northwest 49504 616-336-3492

Michigan Veteran Services Grand Rapids MI 1940 Eastern Avenue Southeast 49507 616-243-0385

US Department Of Veterans Affairs Grand Rapids Grand Rapids MI 2050 Breton Road Southeast, 103 49546 616-285-5795

Veterans of Foreign Wars Grand Rapids MI 557 11th Street Northwest 49504 616-774-9271

Veterans of Foreign Wars Lowell MI 3124 Alden Nash Avenue Southeast 49331 616-897-8303

A Housing Authority provides low-income rental housing, rental assistance programs, and other housing assistance for eligible individuals and families in Kent County, Michigan. At the federal level, the Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) operates over 20 government grant programs, including affordable housing development grants, community and economic development grants, fair housing grants, and rental assistance grants. HUD also offers Kent County supportive housing and services grants. Housing Authority grants can help fund Kent County low-income housing, local housing assistance programs, and provide grants for housing assistance such as Section 8.

Grand Rapids Housing Authority Grand Rapids MI 1420 Fuller Avenue Southeast 49507 616-235-2600

A Social Security Office is a local branch of the federal Social Security Administration in Kent County, Michigan. Social Security provides services for eligible people, including retirement benefits, and it also provides government grants. Social Security's research and demonstration grants fund innovative research that help manage and administer Kent County Social Security programs. Service grants support beneficiaries return to work and access rehabilitation services. Local Kent County offices can help with grant applications. Social Security Offices provide more information about their government grants on their websites.

Grand Rapids Social Security Office Grand Rapids MI 50 College Ave 49503 616-742-2373

A Department of Transportation is a state or federal agency that plans and develops transportation systems and infrastructure in Kent County, Michigan. The federal Department of Transportation offers several Kent County government grants, including grants for road, rail, transit, and port projects, as well as car and vanpool projects, bicycle and pedestrian facilities, and transit research and safety improvements. State Departments of Transportation provide grants for private operators, senior centers, non-profits, and transit systems. Kent County government grant information is available on the Department of Transportation website.

Kent County Road Commission Byron Center MI 131 84th Street Southwest 49315 616-336-8051

Kent County Road Commission Grand Rapids MI 4949 S Complex Dr SE 49512 616-336-2987

Kent County Road Commission Cedar Springs MI 11777 White Creek Avenue Northeast 49319 616-696-3160

Michigan Department Of Transportation Grand Rapids MI 2660 Leonard Street Northeast 49525 616-464-1800

Michigan Department Of Transportation Grand Rapids MI 1420 Front Avenue Northwest 49504 616-451-3091

US Transportation Department Caledonia Caledonia MI 6881 100th Street Southeast 49316 616-891-1409