Mackinac County Government Grants (Michigan)

A Housing Authority provides low-income rental housing, rental assistance programs, and other housing assistance for eligible individuals and families in Mackinac County, Michigan. At the federal level, the Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) operates over 20 government grant programs, including affordable housing development grants, community and economic development grants, fair housing grants, and rental assistance grants. HUD also offers Mackinac County supportive housing and services grants. Housing Authority grants can help fund Mackinac County low-income housing, local housing assistance programs, and provide grants for housing assistance such as Section 8.

Hessel Housing Authority Hessel MI 3190 Nopaming St 49745 906-484-4066

A Chamber of Commerce promotes economic development and business activity, either at the federal, state, or local level in Mackinac County, Michigan. The U.S. Department of Commerce provides government grants to Mackinac County local Chambers of Commerce as well as grants through multiple bureaus. It also provides market development awards for non-profit industries, including trade associations. Local Chambers of Commerce may also help member businesses secure Small Business Administration grants, business development grants, and economic development funding. Chambers of Commerce provide information about government grant programs on their websites.

Les Cheneaux Chamber-Commerce Cedarville MI 680 Highway 134 49719 906-484-3935

Mackinac Island Michigan Chamber of Commerce Mackinac Island MI 7274 Main Street 49757 906-847-3783

Saint Ignace Michigan Chamber of Commerce St. Ignace MI 560 North State Street 49781 800-970-8717

St Ignace Chamber of Commerce St. Ignace MI 560 North State Street 49781 906-643-8717

A Department of Transportation is a state or federal agency that plans and develops transportation systems and infrastructure in Mackinac County, Michigan. The federal Department of Transportation offers several Mackinac County government grants, including grants for road, rail, transit, and port projects, as well as car and vanpool projects, bicycle and pedestrian facilities, and transit research and safety improvements. State Departments of Transportation provide grants for private operators, senior centers, non-profits, and transit systems. Mackinac County government grant information is available on the Department of Transportation website.

Mackinac County Road Commission St. Ignace MI 706 North State Street 49781 906-643-7333

Transportation Department Engadine Engadine MI Michigan 117 49827 906-477-6323

A Veterans Affairs Department provides services to veterans, including veterans from the Armed Forces and Reserves in Mackinac County, Michigan. The federal VA, as well as local Mackinac County branches, provide government grants for veterans in rural areas, homeless providers grants, community agency grants, and nurse retention grants. The Mackinac County VA also provides cemetery grants and supportive services grants for veterans and their families. VA grants both go to agencies, organizations, and individual veterans. The VA provides more information about government grants on its website.

Veterans of Foreign Wars St. Ignace MI 1110 North State Street 49781 906-643-9602