Big Stone County Government Grants (Minnesota)

A Chamber of Commerce promotes economic development and business activity, either at the federal, state, or local level in Big Stone County, Minnesota. The U.S. Department of Commerce provides government grants to Big Stone County local Chambers of Commerce as well as grants through multiple bureaus. It also provides market development awards for non-profit industries, including trade associations. Local Chambers of Commerce may also help member businesses secure Small Business Administration grants, business development grants, and economic development funding. Chambers of Commerce provide information about government grant programs on their websites.

Big Stone Lake Area Chamber Ortonville MN 987 U.s. 12 56278 320-839-3284

A Housing Authority provides low-income rental housing, rental assistance programs, and other housing assistance for eligible individuals and families in Big Stone County, Minnesota. At the federal level, the Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) operates over 20 government grant programs, including affordable housing development grants, community and economic development grants, fair housing grants, and rental assistance grants. HUD also offers Big Stone County supportive housing and services grants. Housing Authority grants can help fund Big Stone County low-income housing, local housing assistance programs, and provide grants for housing assistance such as Section 8.

Ortonville Housing Authority Ortonville MN 301 1st St NW 56278 320-839-3304

A Veterans Affairs Department provides services to veterans, including veterans from the Armed Forces and Reserves in Big Stone County, Minnesota. The federal VA, as well as local Big Stone County branches, provide government grants for veterans in rural areas, homeless providers grants, community agency grants, and nurse retention grants. The Big Stone County VA also provides cemetery grants and supportive services grants for veterans and their families. VA grants both go to agencies, organizations, and individual veterans. The VA provides more information about government grants on its website.

Veterans of Foreign Wars Ortonville MN 333 2nd Street Southeast 56278 320-839-3954