Itasca County Government Grants (Minnesota)

A Department of Education is a federal or state agency that provides leadership, develops policy, and awards funding for public schools in Itasca County, Minnesota. As part of this mission, Departments of Education distribute grants and federal funding, including education block grants, Title I grants, and IDEA grants. They also award School Improvement Grants, Teacher Incentive Funds, and Pell Grants, in addition to other student loans and grants. Students, teachers, and educators can learn more about Itasca County government grants issued by the Department of Education on its website.

Grand Rapids MN Department of Education Grand Rapids MN 1700 Northwest 3rd Street 55744 218-327-5830

St Paul Department of Education Deer River MN 55102 West Point Road 56636 651-767-8149

A Department of Transportation is a state or federal agency that plans and develops transportation systems and infrastructure in Itasca County, Minnesota. The federal Department of Transportation offers several Itasca County government grants, including grants for road, rail, transit, and port projects, as well as car and vanpool projects, bicycle and pedestrian facilities, and transit research and safety improvements. State Departments of Transportation provide grants for private operators, senior centers, non-profits, and transit systems. Itasca County government grant information is available on the Department of Transportation website.

Deer River Transportation Department Deer River MN 44703 Chase Lake Road 56636 218-246-2656

Itasca County Highway Maintenance Max MN County Road 4 56659 218-659-4288

Itasca County Transportation Nashwauk MN 35777 Little Sweden Road 55769 218-885-1246

A Chamber of Commerce promotes economic development and business activity, either at the federal, state, or local level in Itasca County, Minnesota. The U.S. Department of Commerce provides government grants to Itasca County local Chambers of Commerce as well as grants through multiple bureaus. It also provides market development awards for non-profit industries, including trade associations. Local Chambers of Commerce may also help member businesses secure Small Business Administration grants, business development grants, and economic development funding. Chambers of Commerce provide information about government grant programs on their websites.

Grand Rapids Minnesota Chamber of Commerce Grand Rapids MN 1 Northwest 3rd Street 55744 218-326-6619

A Housing Authority provides low-income rental housing, rental assistance programs, and other housing assistance for eligible individuals and families in Itasca County, Minnesota. At the federal level, the Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) operates over 20 government grant programs, including affordable housing development grants, community and economic development grants, fair housing grants, and rental assistance grants. HUD also offers Itasca County supportive housing and services grants. Housing Authority grants can help fund Itasca County low-income housing, local housing assistance programs, and provide grants for housing assistance such as Section 8.

Itasca County Housing Authority Calumet MN 10 Gary St 55716 218-247-7519

A Veterans Affairs Department provides services to veterans, including veterans from the Armed Forces and Reserves in Itasca County, Minnesota. The federal VA, as well as local Itasca County branches, provide government grants for veterans in rural areas, homeless providers grants, community agency grants, and nurse retention grants. The Itasca County VA also provides cemetery grants and supportive services grants for veterans and their families. VA grants both go to agencies, organizations, and individual veterans. The VA provides more information about government grants on its website.

Veterans of Foreign Wars Grand Rapids MN 14 Northwest 3rd Street 55744 218-326-9937