Vernon County Government Grants (Missouri)

A Chamber of Commerce promotes economic development and business activity, either at the federal, state, or local level in Vernon County, Missouri. The U.S. Department of Commerce provides government grants to Vernon County local Chambers of Commerce as well as grants through multiple bureaus. It also provides market development awards for non-profit industries, including trade associations. Local Chambers of Commerce may also help member businesses secure Small Business Administration grants, business development grants, and economic development funding. Chambers of Commerce provide information about government grant programs on their websites.

Chamber of Commerce Nevada MO 225 West Austin Boulevard 64772 417-667-5300

A Department of Transportation is a state or federal agency that plans and develops transportation systems and infrastructure in Vernon County, Missouri. The federal Department of Transportation offers several Vernon County government grants, including grants for road, rail, transit, and port projects, as well as car and vanpool projects, bicycle and pedestrian facilities, and transit research and safety improvements. State Departments of Transportation provide grants for private operators, senior centers, non-profits, and transit systems. Vernon County government grant information is available on the Department of Transportation website.

Missouri State Highway And Transportation Sheldon MO 1850 Road 64784 417-884-0037

Sheldon Highway & Transportation Department Sheldon MO 304 North Old Highway 71 64784 417-884-0037

Transportation Department Nevada Nevada MO West Outer Road 64772 417-448-1189

Vernon County Bridge Department Nevada MO 702 East Hickory Street 64772 417-667-5204

A Housing Authority provides low-income rental housing, rental assistance programs, and other housing assistance for eligible individuals and families in Vernon County, Missouri. At the federal level, the Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) operates over 20 government grant programs, including affordable housing development grants, community and economic development grants, fair housing grants, and rental assistance grants. HUD also offers Vernon County supportive housing and services grants. Housing Authority grants can help fund Vernon County low-income housing, local housing assistance programs, and provide grants for housing assistance such as Section 8.

Nevada Housing Authority Nevada MO 1117 North West Street 64772 417-448-2731

A Social Security Office is a local branch of the federal Social Security Administration in Vernon County, Missouri. Social Security provides services for eligible people, including retirement benefits, and it also provides government grants. Social Security's research and demonstration grants fund innovative research that help manage and administer Vernon County Social Security programs. Service grants support beneficiaries return to work and access rehabilitation services. Local Vernon County offices can help with grant applications. Social Security Offices provide more information about their government grants on their websites.

Nevada Social Security Office Nevada MO 120 South Commerce Drive 64772 888-808-5441

A Veterans Affairs Department provides services to veterans, including veterans from the Armed Forces and Reserves in Vernon County, Missouri. The federal VA, as well as local Vernon County branches, provide government grants for veterans in rural areas, homeless providers grants, community agency grants, and nurse retention grants. The Vernon County VA also provides cemetery grants and supportive services grants for veterans and their families. VA grants both go to agencies, organizations, and individual veterans. The VA provides more information about government grants on its website.

State of Missouri Veterans Commission Nevada MO 621 East Highland Avenue, 3 64772 417-448-1133

Veterans of Foreign Wars Nevada MO State Highway BB 64772 417-667-5051

Veterans of Foreign Wars Post 2175 Nevada MO 16884 South 1200 Road 64772 417-667-5051