Choctaw County Government Grants (Mississippi)

A Veterans Affairs Department provides services to veterans, including veterans from the Armed Forces and Reserves in Choctaw County, Mississippi. The federal VA, as well as local Choctaw County branches, provide government grants for veterans in rural areas, homeless providers grants, community agency grants, and nurse retention grants. The Choctaw County VA also provides cemetery grants and supportive services grants for veterans and their families. VA grants both go to agencies, organizations, and individual veterans. The VA provides more information about government grants on its website.

Choctaw County Veterans Affair Ackerman MS 583 West Main Avenue 39735 662-285-3322

A Housing Authority provides low-income rental housing, rental assistance programs, and other housing assistance for eligible individuals and families in Choctaw County, Mississippi. At the federal level, the Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) operates over 20 government grant programs, including affordable housing development grants, community and economic development grants, fair housing grants, and rental assistance grants. HUD also offers Choctaw County supportive housing and services grants. Housing Authority grants can help fund Choctaw County low-income housing, local housing assistance programs, and provide grants for housing assistance such as Section 8.

Regional Housing Authority Ackerman MS 18 Keller Circle 39735 662-285-6057