Leake County Government Grants (Mississippi)

A Chamber of Commerce promotes economic development and business activity, either at the federal, state, or local level in Leake County, Mississippi. The U.S. Department of Commerce provides government grants to Leake County local Chambers of Commerce as well as grants through multiple bureaus. It also provides market development awards for non-profit industries, including trade associations. Local Chambers of Commerce may also help member businesses secure Small Business Administration grants, business development grants, and economic development funding. Chambers of Commerce provide information about government grant programs on their websites.

Leake County Chamber of Commerce Carthage MS 103 North Pearl Street 39051 601-267-9231

A Department of Transportation is a state or federal agency that plans and develops transportation systems and infrastructure in Leake County, Mississippi. The federal Department of Transportation offers several Leake County government grants, including grants for road, rail, transit, and port projects, as well as car and vanpool projects, bicycle and pedestrian facilities, and transit research and safety improvements. State Departments of Transportation provide grants for private operators, senior centers, non-profits, and transit systems. Leake County government grant information is available on the Department of Transportation website.

Leake County Road Manager Carthage MS C O Brooks Street 39051 601-267-4123

A Veterans Affairs Department provides services to veterans, including veterans from the Armed Forces and Reserves in Leake County, Mississippi. The federal VA, as well as local Leake County branches, provide government grants for veterans in rural areas, homeless providers grants, community agency grants, and nurse retention grants. The Leake County VA also provides cemetery grants and supportive services grants for veterans and their families. VA grants both go to agencies, organizations, and individual veterans. The VA provides more information about government grants on its website.

Leake County Veteran Services Carthage MS C O Brooks Street 39051 601-267-5178

Veterans of Foreign Wars Carthage MS 1410 Mississippi 35 39051 601-267-9485

A Housing Authority provides low-income rental housing, rental assistance programs, and other housing assistance for eligible individuals and families in Leake County, Mississippi. At the federal level, the Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) operates over 20 government grant programs, including affordable housing development grants, community and economic development grants, fair housing grants, and rental assistance grants. HUD also offers Leake County supportive housing and services grants. Housing Authority grants can help fund Leake County low-income housing, local housing assistance programs, and provide grants for housing assistance such as Section 8.

Mississippi State Regional Housing Authority Carthage MS 305 East Franklin Street 39051 601-267-4712