Washington County Government Grants (Mississippi)

A Chamber of Commerce promotes economic development and business activity, either at the federal, state, or local level in Washington County, Mississippi. The U.S. Department of Commerce provides government grants to Washington County local Chambers of Commerce as well as grants through multiple bureaus. It also provides market development awards for non-profit industries, including trade associations. Local Chambers of Commerce may also help member businesses secure Small Business Administration grants, business development grants, and economic development funding. Chambers of Commerce provide information about government grant programs on their websites.

Chamber of Commerce Greenville MS 342 Washington Avenue 38701 662-378-3141

Leland Chamber of Commerce/Mainstreet Association Leland MS 206 North Broad Street 38756 662-686-2687

A Social Security Office is a local branch of the federal Social Security Administration in Washington County, Mississippi. Social Security provides services for eligible people, including retirement benefits, and it also provides government grants. Social Security's research and demonstration grants fund innovative research that help manage and administer Washington County Social Security programs. Service grants support beneficiaries return to work and access rehabilitation services. Local Washington County offices can help with grant applications. Social Security Offices provide more information about their government grants on their websites.

Greenville Social Security Office Greenville MS 305 Main Street 38701 866-602-8776

A Housing Authority provides low-income rental housing, rental assistance programs, and other housing assistance for eligible individuals and families in Washington County, Mississippi. At the federal level, the Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) operates over 20 government grant programs, including affordable housing development grants, community and economic development grants, fair housing grants, and rental assistance grants. HUD also offers Washington County supportive housing and services grants. Housing Authority grants can help fund Washington County low-income housing, local housing assistance programs, and provide grants for housing assistance such as Section 8.

Hollandale Housing Authority Hollandale MS 723 Rosenwald Street 38748 662-827-2440

A Department of Transportation is a state or federal agency that plans and develops transportation systems and infrastructure in Washington County, Mississippi. The federal Department of Transportation offers several Washington County government grants, including grants for road, rail, transit, and port projects, as well as car and vanpool projects, bicycle and pedestrian facilities, and transit research and safety improvements. State Departments of Transportation provide grants for private operators, senior centers, non-profits, and transit systems. Washington County government grant information is available on the Department of Transportation website.

Washington County Road Department Greenville MS North Raceway Road 38703 662-334-4322