Knox County Government Grants (Nebraska)

A Chamber of Commerce promotes economic development and business activity, either at the federal, state, or local level in Knox County, Nebraska. The U.S. Department of Commerce provides government grants to Knox County local Chambers of Commerce as well as grants through multiple bureaus. It also provides market development awards for non-profit industries, including trade associations. Local Chambers of Commerce may also help member businesses secure Small Business Administration grants, business development grants, and economic development funding. Chambers of Commerce provide information about government grant programs on their websites.

Bloomfield Chamber of Commerce Bloomfield NE 101 South Broadway Street 68718 402-373-4396

Creighton Nebraska Chamber of Commerce Creighton NE PO Box 188 68729 402-358-3557

Niobrara Nebraska Chamber of Commerce Niobrara NE PO Box 227 68760 402-857-3404

A Housing Authority provides low-income rental housing, rental assistance programs, and other housing assistance for eligible individuals and families in Knox County, Nebraska. At the federal level, the Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) operates over 20 government grant programs, including affordable housing development grants, community and economic development grants, fair housing grants, and rental assistance grants. HUD also offers Knox County supportive housing and services grants. Housing Authority grants can help fund Knox County low-income housing, local housing assistance programs, and provide grants for housing assistance such as Section 8.

Creighton Housing Authority Creighton NE 1106 Millard Avenue 68729 402-358-5668

Crofton Housing Authority Crofton NE 1301 1st Street 68730 402-388-4339

Verdigre Housing Authority Verdigre NE 615 South Main Street 68783 402-668-2237

A Department of Transportation is a state or federal agency that plans and develops transportation systems and infrastructure in Knox County, Nebraska. The federal Department of Transportation offers several Knox County government grants, including grants for road, rail, transit, and port projects, as well as car and vanpool projects, bicycle and pedestrian facilities, and transit research and safety improvements. State Departments of Transportation provide grants for private operators, senior centers, non-profits, and transit systems. Knox County government grant information is available on the Department of Transportation website.

Nebraska State Department of Roads Bloomfield NE 54506 Nebraska 84 68718 402-373-4816

Roads Department Niobrara Niobrara NE Cedar Street 68760 402-857-3722

A Veterans Affairs Department provides services to veterans, including veterans from the Armed Forces and Reserves in Knox County, Nebraska. The federal VA, as well as local Knox County branches, provide government grants for veterans in rural areas, homeless providers grants, community agency grants, and nurse retention grants. The Knox County VA also provides cemetery grants and supportive services grants for veterans and their families. VA grants both go to agencies, organizations, and individual veterans. The VA provides more information about government grants on its website.

Veterans of Foreign Wars Bloomfield NE 112 North Broadway 68718 402-373-4241