Madison County Government Grants (Nebraska)

A Chamber of Commerce promotes economic development and business activity, either at the federal, state, or local level in Madison County, Nebraska. The U.S. Department of Commerce provides government grants to Madison County local Chambers of Commerce as well as grants through multiple bureaus. It also provides market development awards for non-profit industries, including trade associations. Local Chambers of Commerce may also help member businesses secure Small Business Administration grants, business development grants, and economic development funding. Chambers of Commerce provide information about government grant programs on their websites.

Madison Chamber of Commerce Madison NE 210 West 3rd Street 68748 402-454-2251

Norfolk Area Chamber of Commerce Norfolk NE 609 West Norfolk Avenue 68701 402-371-4862

A Veterans Affairs Department provides services to veterans, including veterans from the Armed Forces and Reserves in Madison County, Nebraska. The federal VA, as well as local Madison County branches, provide government grants for veterans in rural areas, homeless providers grants, community agency grants, and nurse retention grants. The Madison County VA also provides cemetery grants and supportive services grants for veterans and their families. VA grants both go to agencies, organizations, and individual veterans. The VA provides more information about government grants on its website.

Madison County Veterans Service Norfolk NE 130 South 4th Street 68701 402-370-3578

Norfolk Veterans Home Norfolk NE 600 East Benjamin Avenue 68701 402-370-3330

Veterans of Foreign Wars Norfolk NE 316 Braasch Avenue 68701 402-371-2575

A Department of Transportation is a state or federal agency that plans and develops transportation systems and infrastructure in Madison County, Nebraska. The federal Department of Transportation offers several Madison County government grants, including grants for road, rail, transit, and port projects, as well as car and vanpool projects, bicycle and pedestrian facilities, and transit research and safety improvements. State Departments of Transportation provide grants for private operators, senior centers, non-profits, and transit systems. Madison County government grant information is available on the Department of Transportation website.

Nebraska Department of Roads Norfolk NE 408 North 13th Street 68701 402-370-3470

Norfolk Roads Department Maintenance Norfolk NE 1001 Alaska Avenue 68701 402-370-3479

A Housing Authority provides low-income rental housing, rental assistance programs, and other housing assistance for eligible individuals and families in Madison County, Nebraska. At the federal level, the Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) operates over 20 government grant programs, including affordable housing development grants, community and economic development grants, fair housing grants, and rental assistance grants. HUD also offers Madison County supportive housing and services grants. Housing Authority grants can help fund Madison County low-income housing, local housing assistance programs, and provide grants for housing assistance such as Section 8.

Norfolk Housing Authority Norfolk NE 1501 West Michigan Avenue 68701 402-379-8224

Tilden Housing Authority Tilden NE Apt 14, 600 S Giles Creek Ln, Apt 14 68781 402-368-7714

A Social Security Office is a local branch of the federal Social Security Administration in Madison County, Nebraska. Social Security provides services for eligible people, including retirement benefits, and it also provides government grants. Social Security's research and demonstration grants fund innovative research that help manage and administer Madison County Social Security programs. Service grants support beneficiaries return to work and access rehabilitation services. Local Madison County offices can help with grant applications. Social Security Offices provide more information about their government grants on their websites.

Norfolk Social Security Office Norfolk NE 605 Iron Horse Dr 68701 402-371-1595