Phelps County Government Grants (Nebraska)

A Chamber of Commerce promotes economic development and business activity, either at the federal, state, or local level in Phelps County, Nebraska. The U.S. Department of Commerce provides government grants to Phelps County local Chambers of Commerce as well as grants through multiple bureaus. It also provides market development awards for non-profit industries, including trade associations. Local Chambers of Commerce may also help member businesses secure Small Business Administration grants, business development grants, and economic development funding. Chambers of Commerce provide information about government grant programs on their websites.

Bertrand Nebraska Chamber of Commerce Bertrand NE PO Box 215 68927 308-472-3411

Holdrege Area Chamber of Commerce Holdrege NE 701 4th Avenue 68949 308-995-4444

A Housing Authority provides low-income rental housing, rental assistance programs, and other housing assistance for eligible individuals and families in Phelps County, Nebraska. At the federal level, the Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) operates over 20 government grant programs, including affordable housing development grants, community and economic development grants, fair housing grants, and rental assistance grants. HUD also offers Phelps County supportive housing and services grants. Housing Authority grants can help fund Phelps County low-income housing, local housing assistance programs, and provide grants for housing assistance such as Section 8.

Holdrege Housing Authority Holdrege NE 1422 12th Avenue 68949 308-995-8733

A Department of Transportation is a state or federal agency that plans and develops transportation systems and infrastructure in Phelps County, Nebraska. The federal Department of Transportation offers several Phelps County government grants, including grants for road, rail, transit, and port projects, as well as car and vanpool projects, bicycle and pedestrian facilities, and transit research and safety improvements. State Departments of Transportation provide grants for private operators, senior centers, non-profits, and transit systems. Phelps County government grant information is available on the Department of Transportation website.

Nebraska Department Of Roads Holdrege NE 1013 4th Street 68949 308-995-4242

A Veterans Affairs Department provides services to veterans, including veterans from the Armed Forces and Reserves in Phelps County, Nebraska. The federal VA, as well as local Phelps County branches, provide government grants for veterans in rural areas, homeless providers grants, community agency grants, and nurse retention grants. The Phelps County VA also provides cemetery grants and supportive services grants for veterans and their families. VA grants both go to agencies, organizations, and individual veterans. The VA provides more information about government grants on its website.

US Department of Veterans Affairs VA Nebraska-Western Iowa Health Care System Holdrege NE 1118 Burlington Street 68949 308-995-3760