Polk County Government Grants (Nebraska)

A Housing Authority provides low-income rental housing, rental assistance programs, and other housing assistance for eligible individuals and families in Polk County, Nebraska. At the federal level, the Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) operates over 20 government grant programs, including affordable housing development grants, community and economic development grants, fair housing grants, and rental assistance grants. HUD also offers Polk County supportive housing and services grants. Housing Authority grants can help fund Polk County low-income housing, local housing assistance programs, and provide grants for housing assistance such as Section 8.

Osceola Housing Authority Osceola NE 601 North Nance Street 68651 402-747-2096

Stromsburg Housing Authority Stromsburg NE 517 7th Street, Apt 100 68666 402-764-6521

A Chamber of Commerce promotes economic development and business activity, either at the federal, state, or local level in Polk County, Nebraska. The U.S. Department of Commerce provides government grants to Polk County local Chambers of Commerce as well as grants through multiple bureaus. It also provides market development awards for non-profit industries, including trade associations. Local Chambers of Commerce may also help member businesses secure Small Business Administration grants, business development grants, and economic development funding. Chambers of Commerce provide information about government grant programs on their websites.

Osceola Nebraska Chamber of Commerce Osceola NE PO Box 701 68651 402-747-3411

Shelby Nebraska Chamber of Commerce Shelby NE PO Box 247 68662 402-527-5198

A Department of Transportation is a state or federal agency that plans and develops transportation systems and infrastructure in Polk County, Nebraska. The federal Department of Transportation offers several Polk County government grants, including grants for road, rail, transit, and port projects, as well as car and vanpool projects, bicycle and pedestrian facilities, and transit research and safety improvements. State Departments of Transportation provide grants for private operators, senior centers, non-profits, and transit systems. Polk County government grant information is available on the Department of Transportation website.

Polk County Road District Stromsburg NE 200 Park Street 68666 402-764-5371