Sheridan County Government Grants (Nebraska)

A Chamber of Commerce promotes economic development and business activity, either at the federal, state, or local level in Sheridan County, Nebraska. The U.S. Department of Commerce provides government grants to Sheridan County local Chambers of Commerce as well as grants through multiple bureaus. It also provides market development awards for non-profit industries, including trade associations. Local Chambers of Commerce may also help member businesses secure Small Business Administration grants, business development grants, and economic development funding. Chambers of Commerce provide information about government grant programs on their websites.

Gordon Chamber of Commerce Gordon NE 210 North Main Street 69343 308-282-0730

A Department of Transportation is a state or federal agency that plans and develops transportation systems and infrastructure in Sheridan County, Nebraska. The federal Department of Transportation offers several Sheridan County government grants, including grants for road, rail, transit, and port projects, as well as car and vanpool projects, bicycle and pedestrian facilities, and transit research and safety improvements. State Departments of Transportation provide grants for private operators, senior centers, non-profits, and transit systems. Sheridan County government grant information is available on the Department of Transportation website.

Gordon Roads Department Gordon NE 6737 Nebraska 27 69343 308-282-0599

Sheridan County Road Superintendent Rushville NE North Main Street 69360 308-327-5657

A Housing Authority provides low-income rental housing, rental assistance programs, and other housing assistance for eligible individuals and families in Sheridan County, Nebraska. At the federal level, the Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) operates over 20 government grant programs, including affordable housing development grants, community and economic development grants, fair housing grants, and rental assistance grants. HUD also offers Sheridan County supportive housing and services grants. Housing Authority grants can help fund Sheridan County low-income housing, local housing assistance programs, and provide grants for housing assistance such as Section 8.

Hay Springs Housing Authority Hay Springs NE 304 North 3rd Street 69347 308-638-4516

A Veterans Affairs Department provides services to veterans, including veterans from the Armed Forces and Reserves in Sheridan County, Nebraska. The federal VA, as well as local Sheridan County branches, provide government grants for veterans in rural areas, homeless providers grants, community agency grants, and nurse retention grants. The Sheridan County VA also provides cemetery grants and supportive services grants for veterans and their families. VA grants both go to agencies, organizations, and individual veterans. The VA provides more information about government grants on its website.

Sheridan County Veterans Services Rushville NE 111 North Main Street 69360 308-327-5658

US Department Of Veterans Affairs Gordon NE 300 East 8th Street 69343 308-282-1442