Thayer County Government Grants (Nebraska)

A Housing Authority provides low-income rental housing, rental assistance programs, and other housing assistance for eligible individuals and families in Thayer County, Nebraska. At the federal level, the Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) operates over 20 government grant programs, including affordable housing development grants, community and economic development grants, fair housing grants, and rental assistance grants. HUD also offers Thayer County supportive housing and services grants. Housing Authority grants can help fund Thayer County low-income housing, local housing assistance programs, and provide grants for housing assistance such as Section 8.

Deshler Housing Authority Deshler NE 313 East Willard Avenue 68340 402-365-7288

A Chamber of Commerce promotes economic development and business activity, either at the federal, state, or local level in Thayer County, Nebraska. The U.S. Department of Commerce provides government grants to Thayer County local Chambers of Commerce as well as grants through multiple bureaus. It also provides market development awards for non-profit industries, including trade associations. Local Chambers of Commerce may also help member businesses secure Small Business Administration grants, business development grants, and economic development funding. Chambers of Commerce provide information about government grant programs on their websites.

Hebron Chamber of Commerce Hebron NE 216 Lincoln Avenue 68370 402-768-7156

A Department of Transportation is a state or federal agency that plans and develops transportation systems and infrastructure in Thayer County, Nebraska. The federal Department of Transportation offers several Thayer County government grants, including grants for road, rail, transit, and port projects, as well as car and vanpool projects, bicycle and pedestrian facilities, and transit research and safety improvements. State Departments of Transportation provide grants for private operators, senior centers, non-profits, and transit systems. Thayer County government grant information is available on the Department of Transportation website.

Nebraska Roads Department Hebron NE 110 North 13th Street 68370 402-768-0423

Thayer County Roads Department Hebron NE 140 North 4th Street 68370 402-768-6155

A Veterans Affairs Department provides services to veterans, including veterans from the Armed Forces and Reserves in Thayer County, Nebraska. The federal VA, as well as local Thayer County branches, provide government grants for veterans in rural areas, homeless providers grants, community agency grants, and nurse retention grants. The Thayer County VA also provides cemetery grants and supportive services grants for veterans and their families. VA grants both go to agencies, organizations, and individual veterans. The VA provides more information about government grants on its website.

Thayer County Veterans Services Hebron NE 225 North 4th Street 68370 402-768-7223