Elko County Government Grants (Nevada)

A Chamber of Commerce promotes economic development and business activity, either at the federal, state, or local level in Elko County, Nevada. The U.S. Department of Commerce provides government grants to Elko County local Chambers of Commerce as well as grants through multiple bureaus. It also provides market development awards for non-profit industries, including trade associations. Local Chambers of Commerce may also help member businesses secure Small Business Administration grants, business development grants, and economic development funding. Chambers of Commerce provide information about government grant programs on their websites.

Elko Area Chamber of Commerce Elko NV 1405 Idaho Street 89801 775-738-7135

Wells Chamber of Commerce Wells NV 395 6th Street 89835 775-752-3540

A Department of Transportation is a state or federal agency that plans and develops transportation systems and infrastructure in Elko County, Nevada. The federal Department of Transportation offers several Elko County government grants, including grants for road, rail, transit, and port projects, as well as car and vanpool projects, bicycle and pedestrian facilities, and transit research and safety improvements. State Departments of Transportation provide grants for private operators, senior centers, non-profits, and transit systems. Elko County government grant information is available on the Department of Transportation website.

Elko County Highway Roads Division Elko NV 994 River Street 89801 775-738-5036

Nevada Department of Transportation Elko NV 1951 Idaho Street 89801 775-635-2041

A Housing Authority provides low-income rental housing, rental assistance programs, and other housing assistance for eligible individuals and families in Elko County, Nevada. At the federal level, the Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) operates over 20 government grant programs, including affordable housing development grants, community and economic development grants, fair housing grants, and rental assistance grants. HUD also offers Elko County supportive housing and services grants. Housing Authority grants can help fund Elko County low-income housing, local housing assistance programs, and provide grants for housing assistance such as Section 8.

Elko Housing Authority Elko NV 504 Sunset Street 89801 775-738-9238