Lyon County Government Grants (Nevada)

A Chamber of Commerce promotes economic development and business activity, either at the federal, state, or local level in Lyon County, Nevada. The U.S. Department of Commerce provides government grants to Lyon County local Chambers of Commerce as well as grants through multiple bureaus. It also provides market development awards for non-profit industries, including trade associations. Local Chambers of Commerce may also help member businesses secure Small Business Administration grants, business development grants, and economic development funding. Chambers of Commerce provide information about government grant programs on their websites.

Dayton Nevada Chamber of Commerce Dayton NV PO Box 2408 89403 775-246-7909

Fernley Chamber of Commerce Fernley NV 70 North West Street 89408 775-575-4459

Yerington Nevada Chamber of Commerce Yerington NV 227 South Main Street 89447 775-463-2245

A Department of Transportation is a state or federal agency that plans and develops transportation systems and infrastructure in Lyon County, Nevada. The federal Department of Transportation offers several Lyon County government grants, including grants for road, rail, transit, and port projects, as well as car and vanpool projects, bicycle and pedestrian facilities, and transit research and safety improvements. State Departments of Transportation provide grants for private operators, senior centers, non-profits, and transit systems. Lyon County government grant information is available on the Department of Transportation website.

Nevada Transportation Department Fernley NV 750 Highway 40 East 89408 775-575-2566

A Housing Authority provides low-income rental housing, rental assistance programs, and other housing assistance for eligible individuals and families in Lyon County, Nevada. At the federal level, the Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) operates over 20 government grant programs, including affordable housing development grants, community and economic development grants, fair housing grants, and rental assistance grants. HUD also offers Lyon County supportive housing and services grants. Housing Authority grants can help fund Lyon County low-income housing, local housing assistance programs, and provide grants for housing assistance such as Section 8.

Yerington Housing Authority Yerington NV 31 East Loop Road 89447 775-463-2225