Washoe County Government Grants (Nevada)

A Department of Education is a federal or state agency that provides leadership, develops policy, and awards funding for public schools in Washoe County, Nevada. As part of this mission, Departments of Education distribute grants and federal funding, including education block grants, Title I grants, and IDEA grants. They also award School Improvement Grants, Teacher Incentive Funds, and Pell Grants, in addition to other student loans and grants. Students, teachers, and educators can learn more about Washoe County government grants issued by the Department of Education on its website.

Reno Department of Education Reno NV 330 Doubleback Road 89506 775-677-5454

Reno NJ Department of Education Reno NV 7495 South Virginia Street 89511 775-851-5655

Reno New Jersey Department of Education Reno NV 3870 Limkin Street 89508 775-677-5440

Sparks NJ Department of Education Sparks NV 225 Queen Way 89431 775-353-5540

Sparks New Jersey Department of Education Sparks NV 255 Prater Way 89431 775-353-5780

Washoe County New Jersey Department of Education Sparks NV 201 Lincoln Way 89431 775-353-5570

A Department of Transportation is a state or federal agency that plans and develops transportation systems and infrastructure in Washoe County, Nevada. The federal Department of Transportation offers several Washoe County government grants, including grants for road, rail, transit, and port projects, as well as car and vanpool projects, bicycle and pedestrian facilities, and transit research and safety improvements. State Departments of Transportation provide grants for private operators, senior centers, non-profits, and transit systems. Washoe County government grant information is available on the Department of Transportation website.

California Department Of Transportation Sparks NV 310 Galletti Way 89431 775-834-8400

Nevada Department of Transport Sparks NV 310 Galletti Way 89431 775-322-4892

Washoe County Roads Department Reno NV 3101 Longley Lane 89502 775-328-2170

Washoe County Roads Division Gerlach NV 180 Del Ora Avenue 89412 775-557-2373

A Chamber of Commerce promotes economic development and business activity, either at the federal, state, or local level in Washoe County, Nevada. The U.S. Department of Commerce provides government grants to Washoe County local Chambers of Commerce as well as grants through multiple bureaus. It also provides market development awards for non-profit industries, including trade associations. Local Chambers of Commerce may also help member businesses secure Small Business Administration grants, business development grants, and economic development funding. Chambers of Commerce provide information about government grant programs on their websites.

Incline Village Crystal Bay Incline Village NV 969 Tahoe Boulevard 89451 775-831-4440

The Chamber Reno, Sparks, Northern Nevada Reno NV 449 South Virginia Street 89501 775-636-9550

A Housing Authority provides low-income rental housing, rental assistance programs, and other housing assistance for eligible individuals and families in Washoe County, Nevada. At the federal level, the Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) operates over 20 government grant programs, including affordable housing development grants, community and economic development grants, fair housing grants, and rental assistance grants. HUD also offers Washoe County supportive housing and services grants. Housing Authority grants can help fund Washoe County low-income housing, local housing assistance programs, and provide grants for housing assistance such as Section 8.

Nevada State Housing Authority Reno NV 2565 Tom Sawyer Drive 89512 775-355-6365

Reno Housing Authority Reno NV 3585 Mazzone Avenue, Apt A 89502 775-829-1091

Sparks Housing Authority Sparks NV 2455 Oravada Street, Unit 100 89431 775-355-6370

A Veterans Affairs Department provides services to veterans, including veterans from the Armed Forces and Reserves in Washoe County, Nevada. The federal VA, as well as local Washoe County branches, provide government grants for veterans in rural areas, homeless providers grants, community agency grants, and nurse retention grants. The Washoe County VA also provides cemetery grants and supportive services grants for veterans and their families. VA grants both go to agencies, organizations, and individual veterans. The VA provides more information about government grants on its website.

Northern Nevada Veterans Resource Center Reno NV 419 West Plumb Lane 89509 775-284-8387

US Department Of Veteran Affair-Reno Regional Benefit Office Reno NV 5460 Reno Corporate Drive 89511 775-321-4895

US Department Of Veteran Affair-Reno Vet Center Reno NV 5580 Mill Street, 600 89502 775-323-1294

US Department Of Veteran Affair-Veteran Affairs Sierra Nevada Health Care System Reno NV 1000 Locust Street 89502 775-328-1487

US Department Of Veteran Affair-Veteran Affairs Sierra Nevada Health Care System Reno NV 975 Kirman Avenue 89502 775-334-4117

Veterans Guest House Reno NV 880 Locust Street 89502 775-324-6958

Veterans of Foreign Wars Reno NV 255 VFW Historic Lane 89509 775-825-7007

Veterans of Foreign Wars Reno NV 2055 Idlewild Drive 89509 775-825-7007

A Department of Justice operates at the federal or state level to enforce the law and ensure public safety in Washoe County, Nevada. The U.S. Department of Justice offers several Washoe County government grants, including federal assistance to scholars and experts, law enforcement grants, and violence against women grants, which protect victims of domestic violence, sexual assault, and stalking. State Departments of Justice may also provide grants for Washoe County law enforcement and legal assistant programs. Departments of Justice provide information on their government grant programs on their websites.

Reno Nevada Department of Justice Reno NV 300 Booth Street 89509 775-327-8900

A Social Security Office is a local branch of the federal Social Security Administration in Washoe County, Nevada. Social Security provides services for eligible people, including retirement benefits, and it also provides government grants. Social Security's research and demonstration grants fund innovative research that help manage and administer Washoe County Social Security programs. Service grants support beneficiaries return to work and access rehabilitation services. Local Washoe County offices can help with grant applications. Social Security Offices provide more information about their government grants on their websites.

Reno Social Security Office Reno NV 1170 Harvard Way 89502 888-808-5481