Tompkins County Government Grants (New York)

A Department of Education is a federal or state agency that provides leadership, develops policy, and awards funding for public schools in Tompkins County, New York. As part of this mission, Departments of Education distribute grants and federal funding, including education block grants, Title I grants, and IDEA grants. They also award School Improvement Grants, Teacher Incentive Funds, and Pell Grants, in addition to other student loans and grants. Students, teachers, and educators can learn more about Tompkins County government grants issued by the Department of Education on its website.

Ithaca City Department of Education Ithaca NY 150 Bostwick Road 14850 607-274-2128

Ithaca Hopatcong Department of Education Ithaca NY 400 Lake Street 14850 973-398-8800

A Department of Transportation is a state or federal agency that plans and develops transportation systems and infrastructure in Tompkins County, New York. The federal Department of Transportation offers several Tompkins County government grants, including grants for road, rail, transit, and port projects, as well as car and vanpool projects, bicycle and pedestrian facilities, and transit research and safety improvements. State Departments of Transportation provide grants for private operators, senior centers, non-profits, and transit systems. Tompkins County government grant information is available on the Department of Transportation website.

Danby Highway Department Ithaca NY 93 Hornbrook Road 14850 607-272-9169

Town of Ulysses Highway Department Trumansburg NY 3888 Colegrove Road 14886 607-387-6230

A Housing Authority provides low-income rental housing, rental assistance programs, and other housing assistance for eligible individuals and families in Tompkins County, New York. At the federal level, the Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) operates over 20 government grant programs, including affordable housing development grants, community and economic development grants, fair housing grants, and rental assistance grants. HUD also offers Tompkins County supportive housing and services grants. Housing Authority grants can help fund Tompkins County low-income housing, local housing assistance programs, and provide grants for housing assistance such as Section 8.

Groton Housing Authority Groton NY 200 West South Street 13073 607-898-5887

A Veterans Affairs Department provides services to veterans, including veterans from the Armed Forces and Reserves in Tompkins County, New York. The federal VA, as well as local Tompkins County branches, provide government grants for veterans in rural areas, homeless providers grants, community agency grants, and nurse retention grants. The Tompkins County VA also provides cemetery grants and supportive services grants for veterans and their families. VA grants both go to agencies, organizations, and individual veterans. The VA provides more information about government grants on its website.

Guidance Veterans Memorial Home Dryden NY 2272 Dryden Road 13053 607-844-9900

Veterans of Foreign Wars Ithaca NY 423 West State Street 14850 607-273-5222

A Chamber of Commerce promotes economic development and business activity, either at the federal, state, or local level in Tompkins County, New York. The U.S. Department of Commerce provides government grants to Tompkins County local Chambers of Commerce as well as grants through multiple bureaus. It also provides market development awards for non-profit industries, including trade associations. Local Chambers of Commerce may also help member businesses secure Small Business Administration grants, business development grants, and economic development funding. Chambers of Commerce provide information about government grant programs on their websites.

Tompkins County Chamber of Commerce Ithaca NY 904 East Shore Drive 14850 607-273-7080